Top Ten Coaches in College Football
Here is my description of the top ten coaches in college football. Awarded based on style, wins and turning a team around.
10. Mark Mangino of Kansas belongs here for keeping his team with a winning record the past two years in a very tough Big 12 conference. They also won their bowl game against Virginia Tech last year. They currently have a 5-1 record and look to do well again this year.
9. For his second year at 23-3 coach Chris Peterson is doing extremely well with his Boise State Broncos. Not to mention his famous win against Oklahoma in the 2007 fiesta bowl. They are undefeated this year and could go to a bowl game this year again.
8. Vanderbilt Coach Bobby Johnson has been coaching them since 2002 and doing a fine job. They have upset many big teams in the SEC throughout the years. They beat Auburn and South Carolina and play Georgia this week. They may knock them off too (at Georgia). You never know, if they keep up their pace they could be in the SEC championship game. But they’ve got a touch course to travel to get there.
7. Kyle Whittingham replaced Urban Meyer when the Utah Utes went 11-0. He has made a smooth transition as he is 3-0 in bowls so far. He also has a 6-0 record this year. In the Mountain West Conference สมัครเว็บแม่ ufabet they will have to face rivals BYU who are also undefeated. He could get coach of the year if they stay undefeated.
6. For a team that hasn’t had a winning record the past 6 years North Carolina Coach Butch Davis has turned them around. They are currently at 5-1 and have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way. They beat a ranked Connecticut team and showed they have the winning mentality.
5. Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy who we have all seen rant in his press conferences. Despite all a that, they have gone from having 6 loss seasons the past two years to being 6-0. They may only have 3 losses at the most with games against Texas, Oklahoma and Texas Tech. Or they could shock the world and come out on top and make the National Championship. Wouldn’t that be something no one expected.
4. BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall is a third year coach with a 31-10 record with the Cougars program. His team and quarterback Max Hall are getting talked about more than they are used to. That’s a good thing for the cougars. They are 6-0 and have only their Utah rivals to face. Another bowl win and they may be wanting to shift to a better conference. Maybe the PAC-10 or something.